Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar
Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji
is the Founder and Chairman of Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar. Baba Ji has dedicated his life to spread the teaching of the Sikh Gurus to devotees globally to share his life experiences he had during his sewa (service) by the grace of Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji. Additionally, Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji’s vision of educating our next generation by opening educational institutions has seen him extending Sikh religious and cultural teaching from Gurudwaras to educational centers. These prominent educational institutions, which have grown by leaps and bounds, have earned worldwide acclaim. Most of these English medium institutions were started in remote rural areas in India where education was reserved for a limited few.
Hundreds of religious volunteers come to work in Nanaksar Gurudwaras. They come from all walks of life, from villages as well as from cities. These are mostly individuals who have a religious mind and are motivated to serve the Community as missionaries.
Programs and Services
The Organization offers a multitude of services:
- Religious: Regular services on a daily as well as weekly basis.
- Cultural: Need based or occasion based programs like weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
- Educational: The Organization plays a significant role in the lives of the youth in our community. On one hand, the aim is to involve the youngsters in cultural, religious and educational programs so that most of their time is spent on constructive activities with a Community focus. Since most of these programs are on a reasonably large scale, the youngsters learn to work in a team, sharing responsibilities and performing various tasks collectively.
- On the other hand, these activities keep them away from undesirable distractions like drinking, drugs, smoking, etc. As such, these activities are not permitted in the premises and the religious belief supports in implementing these policies.Also, interactions with the peer group helps the children get more confidence and adjust better in their individual environment. There have been many instances where distressed and harassed children have got the confidence and support from our programs and are adjusting better in the same environment.The organization also encourages and arranges language classes for Children and English Classes for Adults.
- Community Development: Our organization links the Sikh religion with community development with emphasis on our senior citizens. In this modern world, we are ignoring the life time contribution made by our old people for development of community. We can make use of their valuable experience and knowledge to promote our community development programs. This helps us to make our families understand the valuable contribution made by elders. Our New Zealand branch has adopted a group of old citizens for community development work since 15th June, 2005.
The International support and back up from other branch Gurudwaras around the world gives us the leading edge in providing these services.