The message of ‘The spiritual journey continues’ is to raise awareness, spreading the universal message of equality preached by the Sikh Guru Ji’s and promote the work of the Founder of Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar Trust; Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji.
The Trustees of Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar, their lead sponsors and Guru Nanak Sikh Academy are collectively organising Parkash events over the last 10 years, with a tremendous effort from the team of oranisers lead by the Trustee’s, students, parents, staff, Governors of Guru Nanak Sikh Academy and sponsors. Every year we get the support of the whle community and to date it has proven to ve very successful.
The event is attended by many familiies from various cultures over the three days, where the congregrations have the opportunity to fulfill their time through spiritual learning and take part in many fun filled activities including exhibitions, Sikhi camp, food stalls and much more.
Parkash 2014 – An Overview
- Attended by over 50,000 people from all over the UK
- Over 250 Gurdwaras participated in the festival from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Derby, Coventry, Leicester, Slough, Reading, Aberdeen, Dundee, Manchester and many others
- Live media coverage by Sikh Channel, and other media partners broadcasted in the UK and Europe. Coverage was also conducted worldwide via the internetFestival Highlights for 2015
- Official opening – On Friday 17th July 2015
- Expected footfall of approx 65,000 people from all over the UK and Europe
- Live media coverage by Sikh Channel (sky 840)
- Kirtan (hymn singing) to be performed by some of the world’s most renowned Jathe (groups) from abroad and the UK
- Food courts – experience cuisines from both Eastern and Western origin
- Medical Camp – free medical check ups
- Gatka displays – Sikh martial arts performances
- Career/Jobs Fair – Learn essential skills to help you find or get back into employment – potential career opportunities with the Army & Metropolitan Police
- Stalls – Promotional opportunities
- Panthik Seminar: Sovereignty of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib and Status of its Directions for Sikh Panth Worldwide
- Exhibition: Remembring those brave Sikhs who fought in WW1 and 2.
- Charities – Garib Niwaj
- Amrit Sanchar – An opportunity to be baptised into the Khalsa (Sikh Brotherhood)
- Kids Sikhi Camp – Exclusive opportunity to attend the Parkash Sikhi CampFor more information please e-mail one of the team who will be able to help with all FAQ’s.